Thursday, October 13, 2011

Formula Drift Finals Review

Written by: Wilson L Bor
Photos by: Wilson L Bor


Formula Drift 2011 Finals took place at Toyota Speedway in Irwindale, CA. I had the chance to cover this event. All I got to say is, as my first experience to attend and cover this event I had a lot of fun. Being that it was Formula D’s last event of the season I was lucky to go to it.  I’m not going to sit here and bore you with all this gibberish and blah blah so I will get to the photos and try my best to explain to you a little about the photo and my day. HERE WE GO!

Here we have the early birds because right in the early morning these enthusiasts were already lined up and ready for the show at the SLAMMED SOCIETY show that also took place that day. The crowd was fairly large for being that early too.  A sign of how big this event was going to be.
Slammed Honda Accord lookin fresh. This makes me want to get the one my friends is selling. 
                          A slammed BMW, might hear me use the word “SLAMMED” a lot, hints the name of the show.
                                                      Another angle shot of the cars lined up to enter the event area.
                                            Meanwhile, as we waited in the beating sun, this guy had the right idea.
                                                                 Check out this  2nd gen Scion xB looking fresh.
            There were quite a few Mazda Miata’s representing that day.  This red one caught my eye.  Simple and clean.
                                  Another Miata but just a little more wild. They say WHITE IS RIGHT, you be the judge.
                                         I liked the interior of this Miata's just clean. Can you guess what he uses to shift?
                                                                                     Talk about camber….  Wow!
                                                       Here’s another red Miata from a lower angel. Looks clean.
                                                              Toyota Supra owner giving his ride a little more color.
                                           This sweet ride was just standing a lot, well for me. Just low low low low..
                                                           First Drift car spotted going to the track for a practice run.
                                                                     SCION EVOLUTION representing their team.
                              A BMW standing out with its bright yellow paint job. You can’t miss him in the road or space.
                                 Here is the NOS team that attended the event gorgeous girls always makes the day better.
Here’s some shots of them making silly poses for the guys behind the cameras.  Still hot!
                                                                      2 models from Falken Tires..(also gorgeous)
                                                     I’m not sure what kind of car this was, but man it was slammed.
                                                                                 Another camber shot for ya.
                                                             Showing off their new wheel line-up for 2012 i believe
 Ok here are some drift shots. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get media passes so I did my best to get good shots with what I had from where I was.
 After having some fun shooting some cars and drifting, I decided to take a break and head back to the show.  I snapped a few more shots of the show.
    More shots of the NOS models and a few others.  Also got the HANKOOK TIRES models, and other random models that were there.

                                                                             I just loved this car.  Can you tell?
                                                                              A drift car going through the crowd.
 At the end of the day, I can honestly say I was beat!  This event was at capacity from what I overheard and was a huge success stated by others after the event.  Thank you Scion VIP for fun filled day.   Providing King Taco and goodie bags for all the Scion VIP guests.  
If you ever have the time to attend a Formula Drift event, I can assure you that you will have a great time.  You will see a lot of amazing cars, beautiful models, giveaways, and some bad ass drifting.  Until next time.  I’M OUT!!!!
Photos by: Wilson L Bor

Links

www.formuladrift.com

www.scion.com

www.scionvip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment